I'll be traveling under the Bpeace banner when I go--a non-profit international network of business professionals who volunteer to help women entrepreneurs in post-conflict countries--like Afghanistan and Rwanda--expand their businesses and create employment. When people have jobs, they can feed their children, send them to school and plan for a more peaceful future. Bpeace is so effective, we receive recognition and support from the US Department of State.
I've been volunteering with Bpeace for several years, and in my my new role, I will be working in Rwanda for several weeks. The 18 Rwandan women entrepreneurs I will coach have established businesses in commercial landscaping, freight forwarding, owning and managing hotels, restaurants and much more.
Our big goal for the immediate future is to help Jeanne and Slyvie (at right) open a beauty vocational school in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. There are not enough locally-trained hair stylists and the demand is so great that stylists from other countries are trying to fill the need!Have I mentioned that these Rwandan women are extraordinary? Their dedication, persistence and excitement about their businesses, and courage and even joy in helping to build post-genocide Rwanda is something to behold.
I am inviting you to become a partner with me in this venture. My task will be to provide human resources training and consultation to the 18 entrepreneurs and their staffs in our 3-year program. I will be working with them on selection, recruiting, interviewing, training and motivating staff. I will spend individual consulting time with each woman. All of this with the service of an interpreter.
So click the “Donate” button at the right and support these women.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and you would like to know more about Bpeace or my plans with Pascasie (a beer and soda distributor above), and Symphrose, Console, Constance, Francoise, Languida and these other fabulous women entrepreneurs.

Phyllis,
ReplyDeleteYour skills are so needed in Rwanda. I can't wait to see the transformative impact you will make. Thanks for making such an incredible investment of time and heart for the women of Rwanda. Bpeace donors will see an immediate return on their investment.
Kate Buggeln